Restore your smile to full beauty with a dental crown! These custom restorations cover the entire visible area of your damaged tooth to restore its strength, shape, appearance and function. Our dentist may recommend a crown to:
- Strengthen a fractured or weakened tooth
- Repair a tooth that has sustained significant decay
- Support a large filling where minimal tooth structure remains
- Improve a misshapen tooth
- Protect a tooth after a root canal treatment
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Cap and complete a dental implant
- Improve the beauty of your smile
Dental crowns are custom-made to fit your smile and provide a beautiful and long-lasting result. Most crowns require two appointments to complete — one appointment to take impressions and prepare the tooth and one appointment to check that the crown fits and to bond it in place. Crowns may be made from many different materials, including porcelain, gold and porcelain fused to metal, but porcelain crowns are by far the most popular as they match the natural appearance and durability of your tooth.
To learn more about how a dental crown in Orange, California, can improve your smile and oral health, contact OS Dental today at 714.823.3344 and schedule a consultation with our skilled dentist.